Ancient Future in Concert
"Ancient Future is a rare kind of band that might simultaneously aggravate purists, confound New Age dilettantes, seduce skeptics, and dazzle just about everybody else. Delicious compositions, intricate arrangements, crisp playing and impeccable production put these ambitious voyagers in a league of their own." –Derk Richardson, San Francisco Bay Guardian
Sign up for Ancient Future concert schedule updates:
2017 Confirmed Concert Dates of Ancient-Future.Com Records Artists
Below is a list of confirmed public concert dates for 2017. See also private events.
Sunday, January 22, 2017, 7 PM, Mariah Parker's Indo Latin Jazz Ensemble CD Release Concert, Freight & Salvage, 2020 Addison Street, Berkeley, CA 94704, Tix: $24 adv., $28 door. Purchase tickets. Info: Call 510-644-2020 or email email@example.com.
Sunday, January 29, 2017, 7 PM, Mariah Parker's Indo Latin Jazz Ensemble CD Release Concert, Don Quixote's International Music Hall, 6275 Highway 9, Felton, CA 95018. Info: 831-603-2294 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, February 4, 2017, 8 PM, Mariah Parker's Indo Latin Jazz Ensemble CD Release Concert, Occidental Center for the Arts, 3850 Doris Murphy Ct. (Bohemian Hwy. at Graton Rd.), Occidental CA 95465. Info: 707-874-9392 or email email@example.com.
Saturday, February 11, 2017, 8 PM, Ancient Future38th Anniversary Concert, Trinity Chamber Concerts, Trinity Chapel
2320 Dana Street between Bancroft Way & Durant Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94704. Suggested Donation: $20 general, $15 senior, disabled, and student. Info and reservations: 510-778-1719 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Concert Poster.
2016 Upcoming Concert Dates of Ancient-Future.Com Records Artists
Below is a list of upcoming public concert dates for 2016. To see what you missed, visit the events past page.
- Friday October 14, 2016, 7:30 PM, Emam and Friends, Open Secret Bookstore, 923 C St., San Rafael, CA 94901. Info: 415-457-4191. Tix: $20 donation at the door. No one will be turned away for lack of funds! For more information: 415-472-1008. Facebook Event. Poster.
- Sunday, August, 16, 2015, Matthew Montfort is interviewed on Curtain Call on KRCB, Rohnert Park, CA 94928. Host Charles Sepos chats first with Pacifica String Quartet violist, Masumi Per Rostadt. Next, world guitar pioneer Matthew Montfort talks about his musical life and about his world fusion group, Ancient Future.The interview ends with a preview excerpt of a soon to be released live concert featuring Vishal Nagar (tabla), Matthew Montfort (scalloped fretboard guitar), and Jason Everett (bass). Listen to the archived show at feeds.feedburner.com/KRCBCurtainCall or on iTunes.
- Friday, January 10, 2014, Matthew Montfort is interviewed on Curtain Call on KRCB, Rohnert Park, CA 94928. Host Charles Sepos chats first with Chinese pipa virtuoso Wu Man. Next, author Nick Bantock talks about his latest book. Finally, World guitar pioneer Matthew Montfort previews his performance with renowned Indian tabla virtuoso Vishal Nagar. Listen to the archived show at feeds.feedburner.com/KRCBCurtainCall or on iTunes.
- Thursday, October 21, 2010, Matthew Montfort and Mariah Parker performed a live studio performance and interview on Bryan Chandler's show on KUSF, San Francisco, CA 94117. Listen to the archived show at kusf-archives.com.
- Thursday, April1 , 2010, WorldStreams with Dari interviewed Matthew Montfort and Mariah Parker, WorldStreams.org. Permanently archived online at WorldStreams.org.
- Thursday, January 14, 2010, Matthew Montfort performed a live studio performance and interview on Bryan Chandler's show on KUSF, San Francisco, CA 94117. Listen to the archived show at kusf-archives.com.
Concert Posters (TBA, Click to Download .pdf )
Support the Concerts
Due to decades of arts cutbacks, many of the presenters most supportive of world fusion music have suspended operations or are cutting their seasons. For our 38th season, we need your help to replace lost operating income caused by diminished arts support. More info.
Free Concert Tickets
Sign the guest book and register for a newsletter including contests with prizes including concert tickets, CD's, etc!
Ancient Future also performs at weddings, corporate events, parties, etc. The booking page has all the information you need to schedule an engagement.